Terms of Service for FortMyersRacing.com (hereinafter referred to as “FMR”)
last updated: Feb, 10, 2023
- Introduction: Welcome to FMR and agreement to the Terms of Service.
- Changes to the Terms: Right to modify the Terms and notification of changes.
- Account Creation and Security: Responsibility for safeguarding account information and reporting unauthorized use.
- User Content: Ownership of User Content and granting of license to FMR for use. Representations and warranties relating to User Content.
- Moderation: Right for FMR to review and remove User Content.
- Prohibited Content: Agreement not to engage in harmful, illegal, or violative activities, including but not limited to posting illegal content, fraud, harassment, and damaging activities.
- Removal of Prohibited Content: Right for FMR to remove content that violates these prohibited activities, and to revoke access to the Service for violators.
- Reporting Illegal Activities: Right for FMR to report illegal activities to the appropriate authorities.
Welcome to FMR, a community for car enthusiasts to connect and share their passion for automobiles. These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) govern your use of the FMR website and services (the “Service”). By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Service.
Changes to the Terms
We reserve the right to modify these Terms from time to time. If we make changes to the Terms, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by sending an email notification, providing notice through the Service or updating the “Last Updated” date. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of any changes to the Terms constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms.
Account Creation and Security
In order to use some features of the Service, you must create an account. When creating an account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and to keep your account information up to date. You are responsible for safeguarding your account credentials and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify FMR of any unauthorized use of your account.
User Content The Service allows you to submit, upload, publish or otherwise make available content, including but not limited to text, photographs, videos, and audio (collectively, “User Content”). You retain all rights in and are solely responsible for the User Content you make available through the Service.
By making any User Content available through the Service, you grant FMR a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based on, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Service and FMR’s business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents, releases, and permissions necessary to grant the rights granted in these Terms, and (ii) neither the User Content, your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise making available of such User Content, nor FMR’s use of the User Content as permitted herein will infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
You understand that FMR does not control the User Content posted on the Service and, as such, you understand that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable. FMR does not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein and FMR expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content.
Moderation: As a provider of an online community, FMR has a responsibility to maintain a safe and respectful environment for its users. To that end, FMR reserves the right to review and remove any User Content that it deems to be harmful, illegal, violative of the rights of others, or in violation of the Terms of Service.
This moderation policy applies to all User Content, including but not limited to posts, comments, images, and other materials uploaded or transmitted through the Service. FMR may remove any User Content that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these policies.
If a user’s content is removed, FMR may provide the user with a written explanation for the removal. In the event that a user repeatedly violates the moderation policies, FMR may, in its sole discretion, revoke the user’s access to the Service.
Users are encouraged to report any User Content that they believe to be in violation of these policies to FMR through the appropriate channels. FMR will investigate such reports and take appropriate action if necessary.
It is important to note that this moderation policy does not limit FMR’s ability to remove any User Content for any other reason, or to take any other actions it deems necessary to preserve the safety and well-being of its community.
When using the Service, you agree to not engage in any activities that are harmful, illegal, or violate the rights of others, including but not limited to:
- Posting or transmitting any illegal content, including but not limited to, copyrighted material, threatening or defamatory speech, obscenity, or pornography.
- Engaging in any fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading practices, such as phishing or impersonating another person.
- Engaging in any harassment, bullying, or hate speech, including but not limited to, making threats, insulting or attacking individuals based on their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic.
- Distributing or posting any viruses, malware, or any other technology that may harm FMR or the computers, mobile devices, or data of its users.
- Using automated methods, such as scraping, to collect information from the Service without express written consent from FMR.
- Interfering with the proper functioning of the Service, including but not limited to, accessing the Service through unauthorized means or attempting to overload the Service with excessive traffic.
- Engaging in any activities that could damage the reputation of FMR or its users.
FMR reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any content that violates these prohibited activities, and to revoke access to the Service for users who engage in such activities.
Removal of Prohibited Content
FMR reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any content that violates the prohibited activities outlined in the Terms of Service, including but not limited to posting illegal content, engaging in fraudulent or deceptive practices, harassment, and distributing viruses. If a user’s content is removed, FMR may provide the user with a written explanation for the removal. In the event that a user repeatedly violates the prohibited activities, FMR may, in its sole discretion, revoke the user’s access to the Service.
Reporting Illegal Activities
FMR takes the safety and well-being of its community seriously, and may report any illegal activities to the appropriate authorities. This includes but is not limited to, reporting illegal content, fraudulent or deceptive practices, and harassment to the relevant law enforcement agencies.